Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm back and I bring pictures.

Hey Dolls!!!

I'm sorry I've been gone for quite some time but I had some personal things that I needed to work out, but now I'm back!

I was working on a wine color petal peplum dress when I last left you guys, but that got pushed to the back burner. I have received some requests from clients so that is what I have been working on in my spare time. Of course each request will have its own blog entry, but this one is dedicated to the make-up and prom dress that I made for a good friends little sister.

Here is her dress:





The dress design is a mini dress with a sheer overlapping skirt overlay. It was done in turquoise satin with mirror organza in the same shade.

(The links are not the exact fabric that I used, but they are very similar.)








An up-close and personal shot of the dress.

I LOVE how the fabric shines from the camera flash!










Here is her make-up with eyes closed so that you can see the detail.


There is turquoise, lavender and a little bit of lime green and silver shimmer for her highlight; silver eyeliner with turquoise glitter liner over top...Mascara and lip gloss.






Here's eyes open so you can see the full look.



Oh, and I can't forget the foundation, blush, a little eyebrow powder....






So this is the latest prom look that I have done and hopefully there are many more this prom season coming!

Here is the pattern review:

Pattern Description: Strapless special occasion dress with a asymmetrically draped bodice with boning, side zipper & pencil skirt in mini length. Minidress can be made with sheer overskirt. 

Pattern Sizing: 12-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Pretty much. I felt like a step was skipped but that could just be me. lol

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the pattern it was easy and it turned out beautiful!

Fabric Used: Satin for the dress and mirror organza for the overskirt.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The bodice was fitted for a 16 and the bottom was an 18. Other than that the pattern was pretty just the way it came.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. Now that I have done it and understand what they were instructing on the directions I feel confident that I can do this without the instructions the second time around.

Conclusion: This is a great pattern if you want to try something different than your average prom dress. I recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Just make sure you really read the instructions. If you get confused just start over!


-Gemini 

No comments:

Post a Comment