Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simplicity Evening Clutch OOP Pattern Review

Hey Lovelies!

This week I have been taking on new clients and getting new requests, so I guess you can say business is booming lol. I did manage to fine time to make a quick project in-between clients. 

I made a black satin evening clutch with a bow on it. I found some scrap fabric that was enough to get it done without having to scale down the size. So lets get to it!

I used a pattern to make this one. I picked it up a while ago and I figured I'd give it a whirl. Its Simplicity 2166. It's an OOP pattern now, but it will come in handy. (Scroll all the way to the bottom for the pattern review)

Here is the pattern I used. I made view E.


I used black satin fabric that I had in my stash leftover from some other project. I also purchased some sew on stones to decorate the bow on the front. A few pictures are below.

This is how I laid the stones out on the knot portion of the bow to get a feel for how I wanted it to lay.  
This is the bottom half of the purse and the flaps before I put them together. The knot is there as well.


This the finished product!!


And now for the pattern review: 


Pattern Description: Clutch Bags with 5 different styles for the front.

Pattern Sizing: One Size

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: Yes. The clutch came out just as the picture but the stones that I had sewn on the knot of the bow were different than what was pictured.

Were the instructions easy to follow?: Yes but I did not follow the instructions for the entire bag.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?: Nothing. This was a great pattern to use, and it was quick and easy.

Fabric Used: Black Satin

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I used a different stone pattern for the knot of the bow.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?: Yes I would sew it again and yes I would recommend it because if you cant buy a clutch to match something why not make your own and have it personal.

Conclusion: This pattern is a great one to have as I started above because you can make your own clutch to match anything that you have and you can also put your own twist on it! 




Well that's all I have for you right now. Once the fabric comes for the requested birthday dress that I am making I will update you with those pictures, or if I make something else in between that time lol.

Thanks for reading!!!

-Gemini





No comments:

Post a Comment