Friday, September 27, 2013

Studded Denim Clutch + A Pattern Review on Simplicity 2166

Hello Dolls!


I'm back from another break with great news! I just landed a great job...With....



Very, VERY excited about this! I have wanted to work there for years seeing as though I love fabric and crafts of all types. I know one thing for sure...My stash is going to grow like crazy!

Anyways on to the post! I made a denim clutch the other day while bored with nothing to do for a few hours. I was just going to make it plain but I ended up putting some studs down the front to change the look up a bit. I will put a photo down below. I also was trying to decide on a fabric for the inside and while rummaging through my stash I found the CUTEST navy and orange printed charmeuse. I figured why not! 

This is the photo collage that I put together of the clutch.

 So here goes the review:

Pattern Description: Clutch Bags

Pattern Sizing: One size

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, but I have made this before so I didn't follow them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love how quick and easy it is.

Fabric Used: Denim and a printed Charmeuse for the lining

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added studs down the front of the flap to jazz it up a bit.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I LOVE this pattern! It's perfect for beginners and veteran seamstresses

Conclusion: This is a great pattern to have in your collection. I think everyone should have a pattern that is basic for a quick bag when you need one to match an outfit or just because you want to make one.


Thanks for reading and have a happy Saturday!

-Gemini



No comments:

Post a Comment